Past Students - Applying Through UCAS
Applying to university as a past student is easy and straightforward. The College will support your application by providing an up-to-date and detailed reference for your UCAS form. However, if you left College more than 2 years ago, we may not be the most suitable people to support you with a reference. You may need to ask your last academic institution or a relevant employer.
1. Register with UCAS - www.ucas.com
2. During registration when asked ‘how are you applying?' Please select - applying through a school, college, careers centre or any other organisation, you will be asked to use the buzzword provided by Holy Cross College (Pluto2021) then select ‘Past Student group’
3. Complete all sections of UCAS Apply - Personal details, Additional information, Student finance, Choices, Education, Employment, and Personal Statement
4. View all – Pay and Send
Mr Hudson is the dedicated member of staff responsible for past student references and you will need to make contact with him via the email address below to inform him of your intention to apply to UCAS and wishing to request a reference. In your email, you should include the following information:
· When you left Holy Cross College.
· Brief information regarding what you have been doing since leaving Holy Cross College (e.g. gap year, travel, employment, voluntary work and or work experience)
· Information about re-marks or module re-sits
· A pro-forma guide can be found below
All communication with College must be via email. Please note that Holy Cross will not be in a position to give you the in-depth support and advice that you received whilst at College.
If you need help, then there is lots of information and advice on the UCAS website www.ucas.com and you should look here for advice with researching your university choices and writing your personal statement.
To ensure your form is processed in good time we advise you to make initial contact with Holy Cross firstname.lastname@example.org via email as early as possible during the autumn term, but not before 1st September. Remember to check and follow any UCAS deadlines.
Holy Cross University Centre
If you would like information on the degree courses that are run at Holy Cross University Centre please visit the University Centre web pages. http://www.holycross.ac.uk/university-centre/