Past Students

Past Students - Applying Through UCAS

Applying to university as a past student is easy and straightforward. The College will support your application by providing an up-to-date and detailed reference for your UCAS form. However, if you left College more than 2 years ago, we may not be the most suitable people to support you with a reference. You may need to ask your last academic institution or a relevant employer.

1. Register with UCAS -

2. During registration when asked ‘how are you applying?' Please select - applying through a school, college, careers centre or any other organisation, you will be asked to use the buzzword provided by Holy Cross College then select ‘Past Student group’

3. Complete all sections of UCAS Apply - Personal details, Additional information, Student finance, Choices, Education, Employment, and Personal Statement

4. View all – Pay and Send

5. Your form will then be sent to Mr Hudson (Past Student UCAS Administrator)
All completed applications must be with Mr Hudson by 9 am on Monday 24th January to ensure forms are processed on time. We are unable to guarantee on-time applications if the form is not fully completed or if received after this date.
Please ensure you submit your form in time.

UCAS References

Mr Hudson is the dedicated member of staff responsible for past student references and you will need to make contact with him via the email address below to inform him of your intention to apply to UCAS and wishing to request a reference. In your email, you should include the following information:

· When you left Holy Cross College.

· Brief information regarding what you have been doing since leaving Holy Cross College (e.g. gap year,     travel, employment, voluntary work and or work experience)

· Information about re-marks or module re-sits

· A pro-forma guide can be found below

All communication with College must be via email. Please note that Holy Cross will not be in a position to give you the in-depth support and advice that you received whilst at College.

If you need help, then there is lots of information and advice on the UCAS website and you should look here for advice with researching your university choices and writing your personal statement.

To ensure your form is processed in good time we advise you to make initial contact with Holy Cross via email as early as possible during the autumn term, but not before 1st September. Remember to check and follow any UCAS deadlines.


A-level examinations and/or certificates

If you attended Holy Cross College and have an enquiry about your old A-level examinations and/or certificates, please email – you will need to include the following information:

  • Your full name (from when you attended)
  • Your date of birth
  • Your address (from when you attended)
  • The year you left college
  • Your college pin number (if you can remember it)
  • A current daytime contact number
  • The information you are hoping to locate

Once the above is received we will be able to search our archives.

Please note: We are only required to keep uncollected certificates for 12 months from issue and results for 7 years from issue.

We will try our best to find out the information you have requested and get back to you as soon as we can. During busy periods such as when exams are running this may take a little longer.

The link below has information on how you can obtain replacement copies of your old exam certificates.

Holy Cross University Centre

If you would like information on the degree courses that are run at Holy Cross University Centre please visit the University Centre web pages.

Past Students

For further information contact