- Sixth Form Home
- About Us
- Applying To Holy Cross
- Term Dates
- Student Support & Information
- Parents & Carers
- Student Council
- Policies & Documents
General Religious Education (R.E.)
You will have one single lesson per week in R.E. The course covers a wide range of topics, always with the idea of helping you discover more about yourself, the world around you, your faith and the faith of others. You will also receive a certificate at the end of the course.
What our students say
Here are what some students said about General RE:
- "The lessons are very good at making you think about various issues, surrounding your own life and personality, not just issues about religion."
- "It's a fantastic course and is a nice change to the other courses at college."
- "RE is a fun lesson which is informative and it makes you feel part of a community."
- "I did not expect R.E. to be as fun as it is and as relaxed; I was pleasantly surprised."
- "I think that this is the best lesson of the week! We are treated like adults and you do learn something from it."
You will also have the opportunity to get involved in fundraising and community projects which, in addition to helping those in need, provides you with great experience and the chance to develop a number of life skills. Last year, along with the Chaplaincy Team, the R.E. department raised money for many charities including; The Variety Club, CAFOD, Cancer Research, Salford Caritas, Stop the Traffik and the Disasters Emergency Committee.