- Sixth Form Home
- About Us
- Applying To Holy Cross
- Term Dates
- Student Support & Information
- Parents & Carers
- Student Council
- Policies & Documents
Our Excellence Programme is outstanding. Within College, all students are encouraged to join at least one ‘excellence activity’ to develop their employability skills and wider knowledge. We believe in providing opportunities for every student to be the best they can be.
In addition, students aiming for the most competitive universities and courses receive extra support with applications, admissions tests and interview preparation. Competitive universities include Oxbridge, the Russell Group and conservatoires, whilst competitive courses include Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine and Law.
This tried and tested programme, with expert and experienced staff, will assist you as you build on outstanding achievement at GCSE towards the highest academic results at A Level. At the same time, it will enable you to develop your academic skills, critical thinking, confidence, as well as making sure you select the right future pathway.
• A dedicated Academic Champion, with expertise in supporting applications for competitive courses
• Extension activities in all A Level subjects
• A chance to do an Extended Project Qualification, developing research and independent learning skills
• An Oxbridge group and Medics, Dentists and Vets group that provide information and support
• Preparation for specialist university entrance exams
• Mock interviews, including focused advice for Oxbridge applicants
• Individual careers guidance to help with applications to university, apprenticeships or work
• A wide range of enrichment activities offering opportunities for leadership
• Help and advice in selecting relevant work experience
• One to one meetings with subject and progress tutors at least twice a year to discuss progress and set targets
• The chance to do Further Maths in addition to other subject choices
• A dedicated Learning Support department which can give individual help in such things as time management and study skills