- Sixth Form Home
- About Us
- Applying To Holy Cross
- Term Dates
- Student Support & Information
- Parents & Carers
- Student Council
- Policies & Documents
Student Services is located in the new Student Centre in the Marie Therese building and is open from 8:00am until 4:30pm during term time.
Student Services is the first point of contact for any day to day student queries. Reasons for students to come to student services could be:
- To swipe manually when they have forgotten their swipe card
- To purchase a new swipe card/lanyard
- To collect their swipe card when it has been confiscated by security.
- To have late arrivals to College approved
- To bring an absent letter
- To obtain a purple slip when they feel unwell and need to leave college
- Students querying their attendance as they have viewed it on-line.
- To make a payment for a college trip book or equipment
- To borrow money when they have lost purses/wallets.
- To ask if staff are off timetable and find out where they are
- To check if lessons are cancelled.
- Injuries and a first aider
- UCAS queries
- To ask about lost property
- To return reply slip acknowledgements for letters posted home
- To obtain a travel variance voucher
- To ask about Discretionary Funding and apply for this form of support
- If they are upset and need directing to the relevant person
- To leave personal belongings during the exam period
- To meet with outside agencies
- Full-time student letters regarding Council Tax exemption/ Home Office
- To collect GCSE result slips
- Past students collect their A Level certificates.
Bursary Fund/Free Meals
The 16 - 19 Bursary Fund provides financial help for young people aged 16 - 19 who face barriers to staying in education. It is available to all 16 - 19 year olds studying in school/academy/sixth form, college and training providers in England. There are two types of bursary available:-
- bursaries of £1,200 per year for the most vulnerable young people and
- discretionary bursaries based on individual need.
For more information on bursaries and free school meals and an application form please see the PDFs below.