Accessibility statement for Holy Cross College & University Centre
This accessibility statement applies to www.holycross.ac.uk.
This website is run by Holy Cross College & University Centre. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
• change colours and fonts
• zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
• navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
• navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
• listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website might not be fully accessible:
• videos are hosted externally on YouTube
• the map on the contact page is hosted externally by Google Maps
• we use a widget on some of the University Centre’s course pages which is hosted externally (it is possible to click the link in the widget to navigate to the external site to retrieve the information there)
• some older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
• it may be difficult to navigate some of our online forms using just a keyboard
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, we will aim to assist you to obtain the relevant format. Please contact us via e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
We will consider your request and get back to you in 5 working days in term time. Outside of term time, this period may be longer.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call: 0161 762 4510 or email: email@example.com for help.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact:
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you require a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter please contact us before your visit. We may be able to assist you in arranging this.
Find out how to contact us on our contact page: www.holycross.ac.uk/contact-us/
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Holy Cross College & University Centre is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 09th September 2020. It was last reviewed in August 2020.
This website was last tested on 21st August 2020. The test was carried out by Hive Manchester Ltd.
The approach used sampled a variety of pages for review. We tested and updated the main site home page, each of the section home pages and a selection of pages within each section to provide a broad spectrum of types of pages assessed.